Sunday, April 8, 2012

Manly Monday



My choice for Manly Monday is a great man, as well as a Manly Man.  It is Nelson Mandela, the leader of the anti apartheid movement in the 60's.  He spent 27 years in prison for his actions against the prevailing government policies and continued to lead the movement into the 1990's.  Upon his release from prison, he led his party in negotiations that led to a democracy in South Africa by 1994.  He was elected President of the New South Africa government and continued to pursue reconciliation and  policies that would combat poverty and inequality in South Africa. 

3 comments:

RoeH said...

I love that saying. It reminds me of the song from South Pacific which I can't remember the name - oh --- 'You've got to be carefuly taught'. I also love your music - the Neil Diamond song sure brings back a memory.

EG CameraGirl said...

That's such a great quote! Mandela is such a wise man!

Anonymous said...

Inspiring. You know how I love that in anyone. ~hugs~

Rain Frances Creations ... Appliances

  Appliances One has to stretch the imagination to come up with appliance art.  Sorry, no photos to share this week.  I am not in the habit ...